Introduction

Hello all!

My name is Eli Wimmer, this is my second term here at Linn-Benton and I plan to transfer to OSU next fall to major in Design and Innovation Management. I am most interested in photography. I've been indulging in every aspect of it, whether it's; landscapes, wild life, portraits, studio photography, and even film photography. What ever the sub genre is I want to learn as much as I can about it so I can hopefully turn my passion into a career. Choosing a major that supported my photography was difficult. Becoming a freelance photographer nowadays isn't so stable and it's not the route I want to take. Recently I decided to get a degree revolving around marketing and advertisement as I think this is a great area where I can connect my creative passion to a more stable degree. Other than taking BA 223 as a requirement, I also wanted to take it in order to learn more ways on how to successfully market myself as a photographer. Along with photography I love to travel and this past summer I had the opportunity to explore many national parks on the west side of  the United States. I believe traveling is a great way for someone to get out of their comfort zone. Traveling in the summer also taught me a lot about managing both my time and money. I'm very excited to continue to learn about marketing and hopefully make some valuable connections along the way.

This photo was taken in Glacier National Park. I really like this photo as, unlike popular landmarks, I think this lone tree hasn't had many photos taken of it. It resembles the idea that beauty doesn't have to be based upon what the majority thinks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing in the News: Touch Card

Social Listening: Crumble Cookie